Monday 11 February 2013

BOGEY THE BEACHBUM






Click on my photo to read more
I'm at the beach!

Pebbles and sand shift beneath my paws as I run and jump and play. The smell of salt and seaweed assaults my senses and arouses my curiosity. 

I run with timid excitement along the tide line as the icy ocean licks at my legs and tickles my tummy. The lapping waves hiss quietly as they recede. 

My dad throws sticks into the water, ripples appear and temptation overcomes my wariness.

I rush headlong into the sea, the briny cold bites at me like thousands of little shark teeth. I grab my tasty prize and excitedly rush for shore. My hind legs pushing off a forces that causes me to leap out and bound ahead in and out of the water, towards my dad. 

A game!  A whoosh and sploosh, another stick goes flying out, over and into the water. 

PLAYING FETCH IN THE OCEAN
I watch it bob up and down as I run out towards it. Suddenly the sand beneath me falls away and I splash wildly.  

I turn and head back for shore, looking over my shoulder longingly at the driftwood dancing just out of my reach.

I really want to swim out as a big dog would. But, I'm just a baby, with big dog aspirations. 

 I wasn't afraid. Well .maybe just a little bit.
I LOVE DRIFTWOOD

As I reach the shore my eyes scan the beach and I realize this playground is littered with endless tasty, smelly treasure, large and small.

Hot diggity dog!  There's no need to fetch those delightful tidbits of driftwood from the icy water. I gather the choicest bits large and small on the beach and gnaw away till my hearts content.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bark at me!

Popular Posts